Sunday, August 16, 2015
9:37 am edt
If you've following this blog you would know this summer we've taken a break from the sea and have been living on the hard.
Last week was our 25 wedding anniv. we decided to try and get as far away from the ocean as possible to experience the polar
opposite. So we flew to Las Vegas and spent eight days exploring the magnificent geographic features of the area, yes we did
gamble a total of $22 dollars and did see a fantastic show in Vegas, Rod Stewart. He put on an amazing show even singing several
songs with his daughter!
We visited Zion and Death Valley National parks. In Death Valley we timed
the visit for the "heat of the day" and were treated to 115F at the visitors center which is 198 ft below sea level
and soon after to 120F at the lowest pt in north America, 298ft below sea level at Bad Water. The area provided great hiking,
awesome restaurants and beautiful scenery, we'll hope to be back for our 30th!
word from BIS, but I didn't expect to hear from them over the weekend!
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Still Waiting for BIS
7:23 am edt
We are still waiting for approval from the Bureau of Industry and Survey for permission to trake Makana
to Cuba. I have my fingers crossed that this will be the week when we get approval. In the mean time I've been reasearching
where to visit, what to see and waht to expect. It's been strange to be off the water for the summer and I'm looking forward
to getting back to the cruising life.
We've been hard at work putting together a web based Cruising
Course and hope to have it ready for release by Jan. 1. Our goal with the course is to help others learn about cruising; what
to expect, where to visit and related topics.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Hook in and hold on as we started the ball rolling. And it's a large ball with a lot of mass so this one is
not going to be easy to stop, we are going to CUBA! The paper work has been submitted and we've gotten approval for the Dept
of Treasury for the crew to go now we are waiting on the Bureau of Industry and Security to get approval for Makana to go.
I'll post a blog outlining the complete details needed to take a vessel and crew to Cuba after we get our permission form
BIS, the above mentioned office. Those two governmental offices use more acronyms than words. So check back for updates as
we progress toward our Cuban goal.
5:28 pm edt
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
10:40 am edt
I've gotten lazy with posting, sorry. We had a great winter in the bahamas and decided to leave Makana in
FL for the summer. We are spending the summer on land in the mts of Maine and will return to the Bahamas next winter.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
We,ve been in the Bahamas since early Dec and the weather has been fantastic. If it's cold where you are come
on down for some warmth!
8:28 am est